Monday, January 01, 2007

Welcome 2007!!

I bid adieu to 2006 for all the good things and lessons that it has taught me and also welcomed the New Year 2007 in my own style.

Gautam, Vatsa and I had some good food+drinks and spent some time together discussing our life at SPJIMR, our resolutions and our future plans. We later went to the college bash around 11pm and danced to our heart’s content. It was just too good! Just before the stroke of midnight, my wife Shilpa called up to wish me from the US. It was perfect timing as the phone lines were jammed within a few minutes after entering 2007.

Later around 1am, Vatsa and I went on a long drive to Marine Drive, while Gautam preferred to go back to the hostel. The streets of Mumbai were packed with taxis, autos, bikes and people moving around as though its 7pm. It was a truly refreshing drive as the weather was pleasant too. Ofcourse the sight of pretty women spiced up our conversations now and then, hehe.

It was a bright night with the moon being big enough to cast its reflections on the quiet waters. We had a nice time gazing at the sea which looked very inviting and scary at the same time. We could see some water boats doing rounds, perhaps taking people enjoying the cruise party on a joy ride or something. We walked nearly 2 km all the way back to a Coffee Day in the Charni Road area. It was around 3am then. There was a special New Year’s eve menu at Coffee Day. We enjoyed our hot cuppa with a couple of chocolate cookies and left for the Churchgate station around 3.45am.

The Churchgate station was packed as we had expected - all the party-goers were returning home. We took the first train back to Andheri at 4.15am and reached our hostel around 5.15am! Will truly remember this celebration for a lifetime I guess. If not anything, I will definitely miss the sea and night-life of Mumbai back home in Bangalore.

Throughout the celebrations, I missed my wife-Shilpa and one of my best friends here-Vinaya. Vinaya could not join us as his friend had come down for an H1B appointment and so had to give him company.

No comments: