Friday, November 24, 2006

What was my first take-home?

I was just pondering over something and I thought of blogging this – I have acted in a DoorDarshan Public Awareness Ad! Yes, this was in my 3rd standard, hehe. My dialogue was ‘Amma Hasivu’ ( meaning ‘Mama, am hungry’).

The Ad scene was like this: I had to tell my mom (screen mom) that am hungry. Immediately my mom would heat some milk and pour it into a cup to give it to me. Almost around the same time, my sis (screen sis) would come and say that she is hungry too. But unfortunately, my mom would discriminate between us and go on to explain my sis that as a boy, I needed more energy and better physique as I would later have to work harder. So my sis would have to starve. At the end, some kind soul would come and explain my parents that both a girl and a boy needed to be taken care well and neither should be neglected.

Sadly, even to this day in some parts of our country, we still find people neglecting the girl child; we still find several cases of female feticides. Hope all of us realize that afterall where would all of us be without our mothers?

Hey, by the way, I got a payment of Rs 75/- for about an hour of the acting effort :)

No comments: