Monday, November 20, 2006

Mumbai gets cooler – yeaaaaah!

Since the last one week, the weather God seems to have shown mercy. YES, ITS BECOME COOLER HERE:). The evenings are pleasant, there’s cool breeze during the nite and the morning sun shines bright only after about 8. However the afternoons are still humid. Nevertheless, it’s such a relief from the pinching heat that we faced before.

My room faces the East and I can clearly make out the shift in the Earth’s axis. From the time I came here (April) till November, the early Sun’s rays used to grace Anand’s (my roomy) bed first. I remember how he would hurriedly pull the curtains as he is used to feel uncomfortable while studying early in the morning. These days, the Sun’s rays have changed direction and help me wake up! – Amazing Nature, isn’t it? I remember my mother telling me stories from the Mahabharata (ancient Hindu epic) and one of the instances in which Bhishma (Ganga’s son and Uncle of the Pandavas) waited for the right time to breathe his last on a bed of arrows for the Uttarayana Punya Kala (starts in March-April) when the Sun’s rays change their direction (or should I say the Earth shifts in its axis?)

So what’s the forecast like? At 9.45AM today, the forecast was a High of 35 Deg C and a low of 21 Deg C (source: ndtv.com), very unlike of the usually Hot, Hotter, Hottest Mumbai right?

No comments: