Sunday, December 31, 2006

Babel - review

Babel is a saga with a single incident connecting different individuals in different parts of the world. Its like bringing to life the characters of a good storybook. The movie is intense; bundled with moments of pain, anxiety, fear, desire and happiness. There is an amazing sense of ‘connect’ between the chain of events throughout. I liked the way events are mapped to their respective timezones.

Just to give you a feel of what is this timezone stuff am talking of, the landscapes include the Moroccan desert, the Mexican – American border and the buzzing streets of Tokyo.
The background score is too good; you will love the base guitar snippets.
Brad Pitt has proved his merit again. Cate Blanchett, Gael Garcia Bernal and
Koji Yakusho have all acted wonderfully.

I never give away the story in my reviews as I feel it spoils all the fun, will follow suit here too :) But believe me, ‘Babel’ will keep you engrossed from start to finish!!

My rating: * * * *

No comments: